Monday, June 15, 2015

Dear Virginia - January 26, 983


Coco Point Sea Treasures

 

Dear Virginia,

Here I am again, playing with the computer. I got tired of it for awhile and became a beach bum, walking 2 miles, shelling, snorkeling and getting more sun. Then, it all became a bit boring so I decided to spend a couple days of just doing some paper work and thinking.

When I go down to the lodge I start acting like  tourist and doing tourist things. I visit, stay too long at the table, watch the little birds eat the brown sugar and become a total nuisance to myself.

I'm not inclined to start any long, deep novel. Marshall has left a couple of Paul Harvey books with quick stories about a one or two pages each. I am studying a manual called "Crash Course in Microcomputers" loaded to me by one of the guests. That is heavy enough.

I hope you got "People" magazine recently, the one with Marvin Mitchelson on the cover with the Pulitzer divorce matter. There are some very important things you should read and keep in mind. It was  "whammer" especially the little section about how men should do the women in a divorce. Get it. Read it.

There has been a wonderful person here who is the guest of the pilot and his wife. Her name is Jo Ann. We have become friends and enjoy each other's company. Her husband of 17 years pulled a fast one and went off with secretary "in love" etc. and now trying the old routine. She has recovered quite well, looking tanned, healthy and happy. I think he thought she would crumble. Coco Point has been the answer for her. She will win this one. He gave her a remarkable separate maintenance agreement and she wisely filed divorce which means the terms go on. He nearly had a heart attack! He thought he would be magnanimous, she forgiving, etc. He sounds pretty dumb to me. I hope she holds out and wins it all.

Bill has been on lemonade, to I've not had any real problems with him. He does try to get feisty once in awhile but I don't tolerate it. He knows not t push me too far.

Well, I know the end of the page is coming soon and I won't know how to stop the printer in time to keep it from running off the page onto the roller.

(Karen)

*Note: Virginia was a wonderful friend for years. Haven't been friends for about 10 years now.

No comments:

Post a Comment