Monday, June 15, 2015

Pat & Joe's - August 3, 1978

Pat & Joe's Homemaker's World
12000 Princeton Pike
Cincinati, Ohio 45246

Dear Pat & Joe:

This is a "thank-you" for the wonderful service and quick delivery of the high quality commercial carpet to Karen's Studio last month.

J. Lee Rasmussen had the good sense to bring me to your place of business and helped me to make the decision to get the carpet before the opening of the "Louisville Show" at my studio.

It is only because of  Lee's insistance, that I was able to meet the challenge of completely redoing the studio in an elegant fashion. Your help and cooperation made the event. The opening on July 12th was an outstanding success.

As a result of your help, I wrote my column for Skywalk News and gave you a "plug" for your store. Hopefully, some customers will come in as a result of my praising your good work.

I can't tell you how much it mens, in a small letter, to have had this change in my business. It has chaned my attitude toward the studio/gallery. I have made many more sales. It will mean the difference between a "going" business and one that was eventually doomed to failure. Now, with a new interior I feel that I am just as fine of a gallery as any around the entire city.

Whenever, that is if you are ever in town, do stop in to see the studio. I would like to be here when you stop in. I am usually here all day on Thursdays. I want you to see original art. I would hope we could coordinate our efforts if ever needed on future plans for original art.

My special thanks to you both. I am so pleased that Lee brought me to you. He is a dedicated, hard working man who has my greatest respect in his choice of knowing what to do to improve one's image in the business world.

Sincerely,
Karen L. Kelly

(Update - that carpet is still on the floor in the Player Piano Shop at 611 Main Street downtown Cincinnati. I gave the studio up many years ago, but Harry Garrison - father of son Marshall - brought his player pianos to that location and bought the building, too).

No comments:

Post a Comment