Monday, June 15, 2015

Stuzie's Letter

Barbuda Sunset
Dear Karen,

I am writing separate letters to you and Bill because each of you gave us different pleasures in Barbuda. 

I enjoyed talking to you very much and I hope something will come of your desires vis a vis Mr. Jourdan because you are very talented. But I am sure, even if that doesn't work out, there will be other equally good outlets.


Evening Scrabble Game - Stuzie Little on the right.
I also thank you for giving me a "new image" of my aging face and shall be buying the Arpel products shortly. You were very generous of your time in many ways and I appreciated it very much.

I hope you will visit us in N Y. As I write to Bill there is always a bed and I would love to see you before the next reunion.

Anyway from me to you, it was a nice friendship forming and I'd like to keep it up.

My thanks again.

Love from Stuzie

(Not sure the date of this letter written on tissue-thin pale blue paper in blue ball point ink. Stuzie was Stuart Little's wife. Stuart was Bill's classmate at Yale. We had reunion gatherings. One was at Coco Point Lodge. I'll be editing and adding some photos of that gathering.)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, I'm enjoying your letters and the descriptive narrative you wrote. You are inspiring me to get busy on my letters, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathryn, I do believe this will be "the answer to my prayers" for figuring what to do with all the letters I've kept for years. Many thanks for your thoughtfulness.

      Delete