Monday, June 15, 2015

Letter to William E. Minshall - July 24, 1983

Dear Bill:

My thoughts have been recently directed toward past happy events and good friends. As a result, I have been doing a lot of typing of letters.

My inquiry is this: Are you still at the above address? If not, where are you and what are you doing? What has become of Gerald Schiappa?

Bill and Patrick have just produced a marvelous brochure on Coco Point. Has the New York office sent you a copy? If not, let me know and I'll be sure you and Franny have one of your own. It is a beautiful spread of pictures worth having for happy memories.

I imagine you are pleased with all the grandchildren. I think I heard that there were more since we saw you in Washington.

Marshall completed his freshman year at Kenyon. He returns the 30th of August. Seems to enjoy it a great deal.

My life is filled with getting all the paperwork done .... which piled up during my stint at trying to elect Bud Brown as Governer of Ohio. Another whole year gone! He is supposed to be Deputy Secretary of Commerce. I guess you know him pretty well.

I've been trying to get a job in Washington. Not certain if I can balance it along with my desire to be at Coco Point this winter. This house in Indian Hill takes a lot of supervision, i.e. maintenance which requires a great deal of my time, too. I guess I want to do too much.

Say "Hello" to everyone. Keep in touch.

Love, Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment